Hero Pit Bull dies protecting woman from violent attack by ex-boyfriend

FORT MYERS, Fla. (WINK / CNN Newsource / WKRC) – The images are heartbreaking. “I’m about to break down in tears now,” Lisa Potts said. “My heart is heavy cause I hate that happened to her.” Lisa Potts tried comforting her son’s dog, Lucy, during her final moments. “I was calling her name, comforting her, rubbing her head, making sure she was still alert,” Potts said. Police swarmed the Jones Walker Palm Gardens Apartments in Fort Myers Friday. Potts said she came home to find her ex-boyfriend, Walter Williams inside. An argument broke out. Potts said Williams started hitting her, then pulled out a knife. That’s when she says Lucy, a pit bull, came to the rescue. “Lucy lunged at him and once she lunged at him he caught her in the neck. And once he caught her in the neck she just went to biting him,” Potts said. “She was still fighting him.” “Once I got her downstairs I just asked someone for a towel and applied much pressure as I could to it to try to save her life, but she was a fighter and she did good, she really did,” Potts said. “If it wasn’t for her, you know he could’ve probably stabbed all of us.” Her son, Lucy’s owner, said, “She did what she’s supposed to do. And that’s how I raised her.” Lucy lost a lot of blood. Blurred images show the graphic scene inside Potts’ home following the attack. “It pretty much was a waiting game until we got a call that she went into cardiac arrest and she didn’t make it, so it was really hard to take that in,” Potts said. “Once I got the news, it was hard for me, it really was.” “He didn’t have to do that. I mean she was just protecting her family.”

Post a Comment

1 Comments